So, I could list lots of reasons that I haven't kept up here over the last month and a half, but to make it short I just haven't been excited about the personal photos I have been taking. Longer story is that I put a lot of thought into the portrait sessions I photograph for clients, and I just don't have the energy left to do that when it will involve torturing Abram. Plus getting Adrian involved is pretty much not an option as he loses patience quicker than Abram over photos... and then there is the slight resentment I feel about always being the one holding the camera and not being in the photos with my kid. I am just going to call it a rut. And now I have a peaceful evening while Abram is with his Abuela, I don't have any client sessions to edit, and the house cleaning is going to wait. Time to get out of the rut!
In an effort to keep myself on somewhat of a schedule, I am going to post a few last photos from May. Some of these I edited earlier and didn't get around to posting on here. Others are unedited. I am cringing a bit.
I maybe shared these on Facebook already from Abram's first field trip. His class went to the park and I volunteered to help out (but secretly just wanted to take pictures).
So, looks like 2 or 3 kids listened and kept a bubble in their mouth. Cracks me up.
Riding with some of his best buddies, Jacob and Chase.
Sometimes out of nowhere Abram says Jayden is his best friend.
Abram took swim lessons at the YMCA and couldn't stop talking about "Miss Alexis".
Abram made me a candle holder at school for Mother's Day.

And all I wanted was to spend some family time, so we went strawberry picking.

I think that's it for the rest of May! I have 3 more days now to get a June post done *on time* in June!
No comments:
Post a Comment